The OpLove organization started a scholarship in 2012 and because of the success, we decided to continue offering the scholarship each year. For details about deadlines, qualifications, and how to apply, please read below.
Application deadline is July 15th, and winner(s) will be announced on August 1st based upon the Board meeting in direct line of the time frame.
Terms/Guidelines for submitting an application:
- Operation: Love Reunited, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, reviews applications and awards scholarships on an objective and non-discriminatory basis.
- Any OpLove Scholarship awarded must be used, in full, for direct educational expenses such as tuition and books.
- Applications for the OpLove Scholarship are accepted from U.S. citizens who are currently active, honorably discharged, or retired military, their spouses, or children.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited university or college or trade school seeking a certificate or other traditional degree.
- A current GPA of 2.7 or higher is required, and the applicant must be enrolled at least half-time in college courses. High school seniors taking concurrent classes are not eligible. Student may not be on academic probation.
- 2019 application deadline is JULY 15th, and the scholarship award recipients will be announced AUGUST 1st of the same year.
- The application consists of personal information such as name and address, relation to military person, school attending, GPA, degree of study, enrollment status, extracurricular activities, and the like.
Applicants shall capture an ORIGINAL photograph definition of "VETERAN".
Applicant must have taken the image and shall not be the subject of the image.
The image shall have been taken in the calendar year of 2019. EXIF data will be examined.
The image shall be well composed, thought-out, and meaningful to the applicant.
The Board of Directors will review the applications and decide the scholarship winners based on the applicant meeting the criteria listed above as well as the merit of the submission. Once a winning application is decided on, the winner will be contacted directly to provide proof of military relation. Operation: Love Reunited will send the scholarship award directly to the scholarship winner within August each calendar year. For any changes to your school or Student ID#, please email us asap at email@example.com